Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Review: Surf Sweets Organic Gummy Candy


When I crave candy, it is usually something fruity like Starburst or Skittles, and sometimes I'll be a kid again and grab the good old fashioned gummy bears. I was happy to be given the chance to review Surf Sweets Organic Gummy Candy and in multiple varieties too! 

Surf Sweets is a company that is revolutionizing the way candy is made! All organic, NO artificial flavors or colors, GLUTEN FREE, and NO high fructose corn syrup. They use Organic Sweeteners, all natural fruit juices and are free of the Top 10 Allergens (wheat, dairy, soy, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish, sesame and sulfites).

Talk about a good product for the little ones in your life!!

I have a 2 and a 4 year old, as well as a hubby with a very large sweet tooth, so this review was fun and very family oriented! When we received the package we all jumped for joy! I was expecting one or two varieties but boy was I wrong! I got a lot of candy, I mean a lot! I still have a bunch to eat (don't worry, they sent a lot of duplicates) 




We received: 

  • Two of their new products , Watermelon Rings and Peach Rings.
  • A seasonal Item - Spooky Spiders
  • Everyday Sellers: Sour Worms, Gummy Bears, Jelly Beans, Sour Berry Bears, Fruity Bears.
Now when you hear Organic candy, free of artificial everything, organic sweeteners, what's the first thing you think? Ughh gross healthy candy?!? Or is it just me lol? When I think of candy, I know it's not healthy but it will still be delicious.. 

Well, I was pleasantly surprised when I tried the Surf Sweets products out. 

The Spooky Spiders were my favorite! They had a great flavor like grape or fruit punch and were the normal chewy, gummy candy you expect when you grab a gummy bear type candy! 

The rest of the "gummy" candies were not of the normal textures I would personally associate with a gummy bear, you took a bite and your teeth just sink in, unlike the Spooky Spiders where you have to chomp down to get a bite (if that makes sense). I am in no way saying that the other options are not good, just not the normal "gummy" I think of - closer to a Swedish Fish style gummy candy

They tasted a lot like the fruit that they were flavored with: orange, cherry and grapefruit were the flavors that I could decipher.. They were different from any other gummy you get because the flavors were not artificial like most. The flavors popped and were very tasty..

My daughters absolutely loved the Fruity Bears. The packs are a little small, I think 5 gummies per pack. The flavors are very intense (especially the Grapefruit, I believe is the flavor). It tasted fresh though, very clean and clearly not an artificial flavoring which as a mother, is nice! My girls keep asking for some more "Candy" that's how good they are! 

Everything aside from the Spooky Spiders, Gummy Bears and Jelly Beans, all have a sugar/salt textured coating on the outside. (I couldn't tell what it was but it was yummy.)


In addition to these, Surf Sweets also sent me 2 kinds of treats from TruJoy Sweets to try (which is their Sister Brand). 

I received their Choco Chews and Organic Fruit Chews. These have the same benefits as Surf Sweets, all natural, no artificial anything, gluten free, all that good stuff.. 

I had my friend who is a major candy buff try out the Organic Fruit Chews (He's a BIG Starburst lover), he said that these were good, essentially the same as a Starburst but a more potent flavor. That was my experience as well. The flavors in these candies are so rich and clean, you can definitely tell they are natural. 

Then we come to the Choco Chews.... I'm afraid I was not a fan, at all! To me, they tasted processed, overbearing and just not tasty (I actually had to spit it out). I am not sure what flavor they were going for but it did not even taste like chocolate to me and I LOVE chocolate so I know what it should taste like. It tasted like cocoa powder with no sweetness. It was very dry, made my mouth dry when I took a bite. It had the consistency of a hard chunk of play dough and even smelt like clay. 

To each their own though - I have never had an organic version of a chocolate chew so I simply don't like this sort of candy. That is the good thing about reviews, it is just one person's perspective and you can search other reviews to see what other testers have thought of the same product.

Where do you get this product? Well if you a lucky resident of OK or KS, looks like these are the two states that exclusively supply stores with their products! 

The rest of us have to shop from one of the online stores listed on their website, including Amazon. 

So healthy candy candy that tastes good, what else could you ask for? How about 1% per sale going to organizations that help better the planet, like; Rozalia Project, Sustainable Surf, Climate Cycle, and Healthy Child Healthy World. I LOVE companies that go above and beyond their company for the better good. You have a great product, Surf Sweets, and a great ethic behind you. I invite all of my friends, family and fellow readers to give this company a try.

Healthy candy, who knew? :)




http://www.surfsweets.com/
https://www.facebook.com/SurfSweets
http://trujoysweets.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TruJoySweets







9 comments:

  1. wow I wonder if they have these at whole foods I want to see they should! I would love all of these texture different or not the ingredients are perfect, too! My fav in general are gummy bears, but I would want to try each one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go onto their website, it will show you everywhere that sells them! I just looked and Whole Foods is on their list!!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are trying to eat cleaner and candy is one of our downfalls. Thanks for the great review, excited to try these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are trying to eat cleaner and candy is one of our downfalls. Thanks for the great review, excited to try these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love healthier candies. I'll need to look for some of these. #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great alternative to candy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like wonderful candy to try. I do like healthier versions of candy and sweets to have.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete